Services

Take advantage of our online reservation services for goods and services in Montenegro:


Guide around Montenegro

Rate diverse attractions of Montenegro and plan the perfect trip

  • Guide around Montenegro

    Biogradska Gora National Park (Nacionalni park Biogradska gora) is located north of Kolašin ski resort, between the valleys of two rivers Tara and Lim. The total area of the park is 52 km² including woodland with area 1600 hectares, mountain slopes and tops, six glacial lakes, one of which is the biggest Biogradsko Lake (Biogradsko jezero), located at the very entrance to the park. Biogradska River flows into Biogradsko Lake. The Jezerstica river flows out of Biogradsko lake and flows into the Tara river in few kilometers away.

    Lake Biograd (Biogradsko jezero) is especially beautiful in early autumn. It is the starting point of numerous hiking routs to different corners of the park. Pesica Lake is the second lake by size, located at the foot of Crna glava, Borova glava and Cmiljeva glava peaks at height of 1838 m. There are other lakes located within the territory of the National park: Great Ursulovacko and Small Ursulovacko, Great Sisko and Small Sisko. There is a marked climbing rout for 2139 height.

    Protection of the region of Biogradska Gora dates back to 1878 after Kolašin was liberated from Turkish rule. This area was presented to King Nikola, the Ruler of Montenegro. 
    There are about 20% of endemic types of plants of the Balkan Peninsula, which consists about 2000 of plants, 70 animal specimen and 150 birds species. 40% of butterflies living in Montenegro inhabit the park, which consists almost 80 species.

    In vicinity of the park, there is a famous Monastery Moraca (Mаnastir Morača), built in XIII century, famous with its collection of icons and frescoes.
     

    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    National Park Biogradska gora
    Guide around Montenegro

    The city of Tivat is located on the shore of the Kotor bay, on Vrmac peninsula. For many travelers, it is the place of acquaintance with the country, because here is the nearest airport to the coast. Insanely quiet and cozy town, located almost on a flat terrain, which is ideal for rest with little children.
     

    History of the city


    The history of Tivat begins around the 3rd century BC, when the first Illyrian settlement appeared here. There are several versions explaining the name of the city. One of them connects Tivat with the name of the militant Illyrian queen Teuta, who supposedly had possessions in these places, while the capital of her state was located nearby - in Risan.

    Like Kotor bay, Tivat experienced the Illyrian, Roman-Byzantine, Serbian, Venetian-Turkish and Austrian periods. During the Serbian rule, which began in 1185, the city was part of the medieval state of Nemanjic. And in the XIII century on the nearby island Prevlaka, a monastery dedicated to St. Archangel Michael was being built, where Saint Sava, the founder of Serbian Orthodox Church, moved the residence of Zet Metropolitans, which made Tivat a significant religious center.

    With the arrival of the Venetians, Tivat, like most other settlements in Montenegro, became part of the Venetian Albania. Three centuries later, with the fall of the Venetian Republic, power here often changed: together with Boka, Tivat belonged first to France, then to Austria-Hungary, in the early 1920s to Yugoslavia and only since 2006 became a part of independent Montenegro.


    Attraction of the city


    Having set off on a city tour from the bus station, you can start sightseeing from the main Tivat Catholic church - the church of St. Anthony of Padua, dedicated to the defender of the city. The building was made in 1734 on a hill, from where a stunning view of the entire western part of the bay commands. In the church, a valuable icon of Saints Peter and Paul is kept by the Italian master Francesco.

    Closer to the sea there is a large and relatively new church of St. Sava, built between 1938 and 1967. It is an operating temple.

    Not far from the church of St. Sava, on the square of culture, there is Bucha's country house. This is the largest and most complex structure on the coast of the Boka bay. The palace, surrounded by greenery, is a classic example of the defensive architecture of Venice. Its age exceeds five hundred years. The palace is in the center of the city, near the port area. Built in the XVI century as a summer residence of the noble family of Buce. During the Middle Ages, the lands of Tivat were famous for their fertility, and most of them belonged to the patrician families of the neighboring town of Kotor. The palace was built by order of the Buce brothers (Michael and Nikola), who served in the royal diplomatic corps. The palace was originally conceived in a castle style. Then on this territory the attacks of the Ottoman troops were possible, and the palace served as a defensive fortification. At the end of the XVIII century the estate was bought by M. Luković, and a hundred years later his heirs gave a part of the buildings to the city for the needs of the Arsenal. The structure of the architectural complex includes a dwelling house, a defensive tower, a garden, a family chapel, various outbuildings. The territory is surrounded by masonry walls. The entrance is blocked by a powerful gate.

    A tower was the first thing to build here (1548). It was it which performed the protective function. On a special wooden balcony there was a guard. The author of the tower was the architect Vikenty. Later a gazebo and a chapel of St. Michael appeared there. They were decorated in baroque style with an abundance of decorative details and stone columns at the entrance. The residential building acquired its modern appearance after the following rebuilding in the 19th century. The house adjoined the tower from the south. In the twentieth century. In the gap between the buildings and the bay, a summer theater was created in the center of the garden. The palace is also a part of the Cultural Center of Tivat, it is equipped with a cinema and a theater room.
    Bucha House
    If you are not a big fan of ancient and religious buildings, take a stroll along the embankment. Many boats and yachts are moored here, as well as many cafes with snack bars. Turning around the natural bay and coming to the city beach, move further to the right along the sea, and you will get to the luxurious complex of Porto Montenegro.
    Porto Montenegro
    Lifehack: such a number of yachts is due to the fact that in Porto Montenegro, at the beginning of the berth construction, parking prices were lowered, and yachts from other elite European resorts, including France and Croatia, were docked here.

    It was erected on the site of the military seaport Arsenal on the initiative of Canadian businessman Peter Munch. "Porto Montenegro" is a unique marina of the Adriatic Sea for the lovers of yacht-sports with a high-quality infrastructure.

    Lifehack: along the promenade of Porto Montenegro, the most expensive yachts in Montenegro are moored. The yacht of the famous Russian businessman Abramovich tried to moor twice, but the length of the berth could not accommodate such a large vessel.

    We recommend you to stroll along the well-groomed streets of this mini-town. There is a training center for crews, workshops for technical inspection and repair of yachts, as well as related facilities: high-end apartments, restaurants overlooking the bay, shops, a sports club.
    Porto Montenegro
    In the center of Tivat, just behind the port, there is another place for walking - the Botanical Garden, the idea of creation of which belonged to the admiral of the Austro-Hungarian naval forces Maximilian Daublesky von Sternek. In 1892, he issued a decree according to which all captains were to bring to Tivat from distant voyages samples of various plants to decorate the military port of Arsenal. Thanks to the mild climate, the plants have perfectly taken root, and now the garden covers an area of 4 hectares, being one of the largest in the southern Adriatic. Magnolias, palms, cedars and many other exotic and ornamental plants grow here.
     

    What to see in the vicinity of the city?


    In the vicinity of Tivat, there are many other temples of cultural and historical value. For example, the church of St. Luke on the outskirts of the village Gosici was erected on the site of an older building, which in 1776 was reconstructed and painted with frescoes. And St. Peter's Church, located in the village of Bogdasici, 4 km away from Tivat, was built in the times of Zet's Bishop Neofrite.

    Not far from the city there is another interesting place - the reserve "Solila", where salt was extracted in the Middle Ages. In the remaining salt basins 111 species of birds live today. The plans for the development of the Tivat region include the creation of a large ornithological park.
    ear Tivat is a group of islands under the common name Krtol archipelago. It includes three islands - Otok, or Gospa od Milosti; Prevlaka, it is the Island of Flowers; Stradioti, it's the Island of Sveti Marco.

    On Otok Island, located 800 meters from the shore, there is a Jesuit monastery and the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the second half of the 19th century. The length of the island is about 160 m, and the width is 60 m. The island had been the residence of the archbishops of Kotor till the 19 century.

    Miholska Prevlaka or Island of Flowers is a peninsula, right behind the airport of Tivat. Some guidebooks refer to the unimaginable beauty of this island, which is not a reflection of reality. But the clear advantage of the Island of Flowers is the sandy beaches, however, without special amenities.

    Once on the Island of Flowers, the Apostle Paul converted the local inhabitants to Christianity. And the monastery of the Archangel Michael was erected at that time occupied almost the whole of its area. As a result of the feuds of the confessions, here in 1452 a tragedy occurred, when after the evening meal the monks and guests died of the result of poisoning. And after many years, on donated money, the monastery was rebuilt, and the incorrupt monks' relics are in the temple. You can reach the Island of Flowers by car or taxi.

    St. Mark's Island is an untouched natural island, covered with olives and cypresses. You can get to the island only by boat or motorboat.

    In conclusion, we advise you to visit the village of Gornja Lastva, a historical and cultural monument located in the mountains, 300 m above sea level, 3 km from the Jadranski Put. Here some authentic buildings are perfectly preserved: about 20 residential buildings, operating mill for processing olives, as well as the Church of St. Mary. It is famous for the tricolor altar - from white Carrara, mottled Ligurian and local green marble. The church of the Holy Vid, built on the hill of the same name in the IX deserves attention. These localities overlook an amazing view of Tivat and the Tivat Gulf.
    Горня Ластва

    Beaches of the city Tivat


     Despite the fact that the Tivat Bay of Boka is the largest, it has grown historically that there are not too many beaches here, about a dozen with a total area of 30 km2.
     In Tivat itself there are several small beaches: next to the luxurious marina piers, there is a city beach 150 m long; concrete beach "Palma" with a length of about 70 m;
    City beach in Tivat
    On the other "shore" of the Tivat marina there are sandy beaches "Belane" and "Zhupa" with lengths of 150 and 500 m respectively.

    There is Puro Beach in the city - a network of Spanish beach clubs. Similar clubs exist in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, the United Arab Emirates. Admission is free, the cost of the seat at pool is 30 euros. The price includes one lounger, mineral water and fruit, the time of stay is unlimited. It is recommended to book in advance.
    Puro Beach
    3 km from Tivat is Opatovo beach, located in the homonymous village and stretched for 220 m. Exactly in the middle of it there is a lighthouse, it divides the beach in two halves. This beach has everything you need for relaxation, including parking spots, because getting there by other means of transport is less convenient.

    Much closer to Tivat is sandy and pebbled beach Donja Lastva with a length of 1 km. It is partially concreted and belongs to the hotel "Camellia".

    Seljanovo beach, its length is more than 1.7 km, and surrounding rocks with absolutely smooth and steep slopes are the natural basis of a wonderful landscape. There is everything for recreation: cafes and restaurants, parking and marina.

    The next beach deserves special attention, is the shallow-sandy flat Calardovo marked by the Blue Flag. It is near the island of Prevlaka. This sandy beach, surrounded by classical Mediterranean vegetation, which gives a lot of shade, is equipped with everything, without which it is hard to imagine a holiday by the sea, including picnic places and sports grounds. The road leads to the island, located directly on the mound, which connects the island and Tivat.

    And on the other side of the Tivat Bay near the village of the same name is the concrete and pebble beach Krasici. It is quite long, about 1.5 km, very green and not crowded.
     

    How to get to the city?


    Tivat airport is 4 km away from the city - this is one of the two international airports in Montenegro (the second one in Podgorica). From here all year round, daily flights to Belgrade are conducted, while the rest of flights are concentrated mainly in summer. First of all, it is convenient for tourists following to Kotor (located 7 km away from the airport) and to Budva (20 km).

    In addition, Tivat is connected with the rest of Montenegro by a two-lane Adriatic route - Jadranska magistrala. Nearby there is the ferry crossing Kamenari - Lepetane through the Verige Strait, which allows you not to go around Kotor Bay.
     

    Cafes and restaurants in Tivat


    On the picturesque Tivat embankment and in the distance from it there are more than a dozen restaurants. Enjoy a beautiful view, pleasant music and good wine at the restaurant One. If you prefer Japanese and Asian cuisine, as well as high-end service, Mitsu is worth a visit. Restaurant Prova will please not only by a successful location, but also an extensive menu. Those, who have already managed to visit this place, recommend branded warm salads, fish soup and octopus with vegetables. Prova specializes in European cuisine and seafood dishes. The original design in the form of a ship will emphasize the taste of sea dishes, in addition the restaurant is located literally near the sea edge.
    Ресторан Provo

    Hotels in the city of Tivat


    On the coastal part of Montenegro, there are many different options for accommodation: from luxury hotels to to private apartments (apartmani) and rooms (sobe). In Tivat, you can find housing at different price levels.

    Here, among the lush Mediterranean vegetation, in a calm and almost homey setting you can have a great time on the beautiful beaches of the sunniest city of Boka. Fans of outdoor activities should take an interest in the program of local festivals and championships - sports and creative, which are often held here. In addition, in Tivat there are all conditions for diving, mountain walks, water skiing and catamarans...
     

    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    city Tivat
    Guide around Montenegro

    Do you know why we call Montenegro an amazing country? Here, so many towns, so many completely fantastic histories; so the village is the treasure of antiquities; so the rock is the legend. Just imagine, in every near-shore Montenegrin town, there is preserved old part or as they say, Old Town. One of our favorites is the Old Town of Bar.

    From the center of modern Bar, the easiest way to get here is by bus or by car. But it is possible to have a walk, if you are not afraid of 40 minutes getting uphill. In any case put walking shoes, you have too much to walk.

    Hardly entering the gates of Old Bar and time stops. The town, the history of which counts more than 2500 years, is uninhabited long. Paved paths have been grass-green , tumbledown walls of old buildings are ivy-cloaked.

    However, research and restoration works are held here. Visits a small museum and have a look at mosaic fragments dated 5-6 centuries, shatters of ceramics 6-8 centuries B.C., amazingly beautiful vessels made of murano glass found by archeologists. Then walk around the endless narrow streets and find miraculously spared frescoes and bas-reliefs in out-of-the-world spots. Do not forget to make photo near a huge 2000-year olive tree.

    And when get tired, sit at the bench against St. Govan's church. From here, 4 km high, such a breathtaking view opens to Bar. On the other hand, words are useless here. Watch and enjoy.

    The city, where time has stopped.
     

    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    The Old Town Bar in Montenegro
    Guide around Montenegro
    Forte Mare fortress, which means "Sea fortress", stands on the rocks in the southern part of Old Town of Herceg Novi. It is located near the main port of Herceg Novi, on the coast of the Bay of Kotor.

    It is assumed that the first stone was laid here at the end of the XIV century (in 1382) by the Bosnian king Tvrtko I to protect the city from attacks from sea. According to some reports, facing the bay fortress wall at that time had a special attachment for the mooring of ships approaching the city. A monument to the king is still on the waterfront opposite the Maritime Fortress.
    Forte Mare fortress ("Sea fortress") in Herceg Novi, Montenegro.
    This part of the ancient fortifications initiated the founding of the city of Herceg Novi and in the Middle Ages, protected the city of Herceg Novi from attacks. Since then, the castle was rebuilt many times, and its present appearance is already far from the original.

    Until the 18th century, during the Turkish and Venetian rule, the castle had been subjected to renovation and expanded several times - in addition, defensive fortifications were built to the fortress - teeth on the defensive walls and loopholes for guns. In that times, this fortress was called Yak Kula (Jaka Kula) or "Kula Abaspashe", which means "powerful fortress".

    When in the XVII century the town of Herceg Novi came into the possession of the Venetians, a new name of the fortress appeared - Forte Mare, which means Marine Tower (Marine kula).

    In the middle of 19th century, during the reign of the Ottoman Empire, the Austrians again decided to transform the castle. In 1833 a large-scale reconstruction was carried out and at that time the Forte Mare gained its final form, which can be seen today. Multitude of secret passages, manholes and ladders were built in the fortress.

    After the tumultuous events of the first half of the 20th century, it was decided to give a fortress in civil use. In 1952, an open-air theater was built on the territory of the fortress, and began to let the tourists in. Later in its walls discos and concerts of various "stars" began to hold. Now Forte Mare is a famous tourist site, and through the gate in its walls, you can walk straight from the beach to the top of the fortress. If you climb to the upper floors of the fort, a spectacular panoramic view of the city of Herceg Novi, on the surrounding Bay of Kotor, and even the Adriatic Sea will be in front of you.
    Sea Fortress Forte Mare in Herceg Novi, Montenegro.
    How to reach the Marine fortress in Herceg Novi?

    The quickest way to get to the castle is from the Pet Danica promenade. Near the castle is also the main port of the city and an outdoor pool. Fortress by wall one goes straight to the embankment and it can be walked around. To get inside the castle, you need to pay one euro per ticket, which is a cardboard booklet with a brief story about the history of the castle in the English and Serbian languages.

    Currently, the fortress is a symbol of the city of Herceg Novi and historical attractions throughout Montenegro.
     
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Fortress Forte Mare
    Guide around Montenegro
    One of the most famous and important spiritual relics in Montenegro is the Orthodox white-stone Cetinje monastery (Cetinjski Monastery).

    Cetinje Monastery is located in the heart of the ancient capital of Montenegro - Cetinje, at the foot of the Eagle Cross Mountain. Previously, the Cetinje Monastery was located a little elsewhere. Now from the ancient buildings only the foundations and the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin on Chipur have been preserved. The monastery has been here for more than 500 years! is the residence of Montenegrin metropolitans. Cetinski monastery is, without any exaggeration, the heart and soul of Orthodox Montenegro, which at all times was a symbol of freedom, national consciousness and the strong spirit of the Montenegrin people. At present, it is the political and cultural center of the country. Cetinje Monastery survived many events, which turned out to be more or less sign and turning in the fate of Montenegro.

    On the territory of the monastery the first Montenegrin printing house worked, published in 1493 the first book in the South Slavonic language in Cyrillic script – Octoechos (it can be found in the monastery museum). Further, other books followed: "Octoechos piatiglasnik", "Psalter", "Molitvoslov", "Four-Gospel". In 1880, the monastery opened the first secondary school in Montenegro. In the monastery there are the relics of St. Peter Cetinsky, Peter I, the spiritual and civil ruler of Montenegro, in the era of which the first written laws were adopted and central government bodies were established. Before the building of Biljarda, the monastery was the residence of Peter II Petrovic Njegos, a lord, ruler, poet and philosopher. In a small side cell, precious relics of great importance for Christians are stored: part of the right hand of John the Baptist (the hand that baptized Jesus) and the fragment of the Cross of Calvary, on which the Savior was crucified.

    The way of these relics to the Cetinje monastery was difficult and confusing. It is well known that the relics of the Order of Malta - the hand of John the Baptist, a fragment of the Calvary cross and the miraculous icon Our Lady of the Way “Hodegetria” (according to legend, written by the Evangelist Luke) - were brought to Russia, to Gatchina. In October 12, 1799 the head of the Maltese knights handed them to the Emperor Paul I. Until 1917 they were kept in the Winter Palace, and in 1919 the priest Bogoyavlensky, retreating with the troops of Yudenich, took them to Revel. Then the relics got to Paris. They were handed over to the Russian attache, and the latter to Maria Fedorovna, mother of Nicholas II, who then lived in Copenhagen. She bequeathed them to the Cetinje monastery: the imperial wanted to keep the shrines in this Orthodox place. After her death, the relics were found at Yugoslav sovereign, Alexander. At one time the right hand of John the Baptist was put up for worship in the royal chapel in Belgrade. After the occupation of Yugoslavia by the fascists, the members of the royal family had to leave the country, and the relics were hidden in one of the remote Montenegrin monasteries. Then traces of them were lost. And only many years later the relics took their place in the Cetinje monastery.

    The entire monastery during the Middle Ages was a powerful fortification, equipped with loopholes and surrounded by a serf moat filled with water, and a number of stakes. Fortress buildings of the monastery are preserved in part and up to the present time.

    History of Cetinje Monastery.

    The history of Cetinje Monastery began at the end of the XV century, and the founder of the monastery is Ivan Cernojevic - Ivan-beg. He ruled Zeta (the South Slavic principality in the territory of modern Montenegro) in 1465-1490. In 1479 the Turkish sultan Mehmet II seized Zeta, and Ivan was forced to leave the country and hide in Italy. Here Ivan-beg visited the Loreto Monastery of the Mother of God in Ancona, where he vowed to build a church dedicated to the Mother of God, in case of his return to his homeland. In 1481 Mehmet II died, and Ivan Cernojevic returned to Zeta and regained power over these lands. Soon he leaves his residence on Lake Skadar and restrains the word given to himself: in 1484, in the unapproachable for the Turks of the Lilac foothills, near the mountain Lovcen, a palace and the Cetinje monastery were built. By agreement with the then Zet Metropolitan Vissarion, the vicar bishop of Vavila and the whole of the brethren, Ivan establishes a dormitory charter for the monastery. Here, from the monastery of Vranjin, the residence of the Zeta eparchy, founded by Saint Sava I in 1219, was transferred. In his charter, Ivan Cernojevic generously endowed his "palace" with lands, forest lands and everything necessary.

    The monastery was on the hill of Cipur and, according to contemporaries, it was a "small but beautiful" monastery. In the middle of it there was the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, surrounded on three sides by a colonnade. Presumably the temple was built by craftsmen from Maritime region. On the edges of the site there were monastery buildings: a small church of St. Ap. Petra, cells, metropolitan chambers and farm buildings. In the outer walls of these buildings there were loopholes, and the whole monastery was girded with a moat and a fence of stakes.
    Ivan left after himself the son George, who ruled Zeta from 1490 to 1496. George is known for having founded the first printing press on the Obod in the Slavic south, and soon transferred it to the Cetinski monastery. The first printer was Hieromonk Macarius.

    On September 28, 1692 in the period of the Morean War (1684-1699) Cetinski monastery was completely destroyed. The Morean war is the struggle of the Christian union, which included Austria, Poland, Venice, the Vatican, and on their side the Serbs and Montenegrins fought against Turkey. Since 1688, the Venetian garrison was located in the Cetinski Monastery. When the invaders entered the monastery, the Venetians mined, blew it, and retreated. About 300 Turks perished, and their leader, the Skadar Pasha, Suleiman Bushatli, was wounded. Pasha, a distant descendant of the builder of the monastery Ivan Cernojevic, in a fury ordered to demolish the surviving church and monastic cells after a terrible explosion. The spiritual residence was moved to the nearby monastery Dobrskaja Celija (Kelija).

    In the 1701-1704 Metropolitan Daniel returned the Cetinje monastery to life and built it in a new place, on the slope of the Eagle Cross Mountain. The preserved parts of the old monastery were used to build a new one. In the altar wall of the new church was a stone relief with a two-headed eagle - Ivan Cernojevic's coat of arms, an old plate with the text about the base of the monastery installed above the entrance, and the arcades of the 2nd floor were decorated with old carved capitals. On the night from 24 to 25 December, on the eve of the Christmas in 1702, Orthodox Montenegrins by the order of Metropolitan Danil attacked the "Poturchentsi", that is, the Montenegrins who adopted Islam and conducted Turkish policy. All “poturchentsi”, except those who once again adopted Orthodoxy, were expelled from the country. This event, which strengthened the internal cohesion of Montenegrins in the struggle against the Turks, was reflected in the famous poem of Peter II Petrovic-Njegos "The Mountain Crown".

    In 1711, ambassadors from Russia, Colonel Mikhail Miloradovich (originally from Herzegovina) and Captain Ivan Lukashevich (a native of Podgorica) arrived in Cetinje with a message from the Russian Tsar Peter I proposing a joint struggle against Turkey. In 1712, 60,000 Turks under the leadership of the Bosnian vizier Ahmet Pasha Shapchayliya invaded Montenegro. On July 17 (old style) 1712 Montenegrins won at Tsarev Laz. In this battle, the lord Danil was wounded. But another part of the Turkish army made its way to Cetinje and destroyed the monastery. In 1714 the new vizier Numan-Pasha Chuprilich with a hundred and twenty thousand Turkish army passed along Montenegro, burning everything in its path. Lord Danil was forced to go to Russia for help. In 1715 in St. Petersburg, Metropolitan Danil received from the Russian Tsar Peter I money for the restoration of the country, including the construction of new monasteries and churches. Cetinje Monastery was completely restored in 1724.

    In 1784-1830 the Metropolitan of Montenegro was Peter I (Petrovic-Njegos) - Saint Peter Cetinski. In 1785, he was on a visit to Russia. During his absence, Skadar Pasha Mahmoud Bushatli attacked Cetinje and the monastery was destroyed again. During the next attack of Montenegro, Pasha was killed and his skull, as a reminder, is kept in the Cetinski monastery. Saint Peter built himself a new cell in this beautiful abode, which is still preserved. Four years after his death on October 18, 1834, the celebration of the glorification of this prelate took place, in which Orthodox Christians from all Serbian lands arrived in Cetinje.

    His successor was later the famous Montenegrin poet and metropolitan Peter II Petrovic Njegos (1830-1851). During his reign, the monastery expanded considerably. Thanks to the help received from Russia, the courtyard building and a kitchen with a refectory were built. Peter II was a comprehensively developed ruler. And for his diverse activities these monastic possessions were not enough. In his time in the monastery a school (founded in 1834), a printing house (brought by Peter II from Russia in 1833) operated, foreign visitors and even titled persons stayed here. In 1838, Peter II ordered to build a new residence next to the monastery.

    In Cetinje monastery, there were many high-ranking guests from Russia, including Russian great dukes. In July 1889 Great Duke Peter Nikolayevich (at that time the fiancé of Montenegrin princess Milica Nikolaevna) visited this place, and in July 1899 Great Duke Konstantin Konstantinovich wrote a poem "Montenegro".

    In the 1890's an open tomb in honor of the ruling dynasty is built to the monastery wall outside. In 1896, on the upper tier of the bell tower, clocks are arranged, over which appears a small belfry.

    In the 1916-1918 during the First World War, Cetinje was in the zone of occupation of Austrian troops. After the end of the war, on November 26, 1918, Montenegro merges with Serbia, and on December 1, 1918 Serbia and Montenegro form a united Yugoslav kingdom with Slovenia and Croatia. Since that time Cetinje ceases to be called the capital oа country.

    A lot of changes occurred during the reign of the next metropolitan - Gabriel (Dozhich) in 1920-1938. In 1925-1927 he erected a new metropolitan residence, and the bell tower received its present appearance.
    In 1984, for Metropolitans, a new building of the Metropolitan Residence was built, and in the old building of the residence there was a museum exposition of the Cetinian sacristy.

    Since 1990, Montenegrin metropolitan has been Amfilohiy (Radovic). In May 1994, the Cetinje Monastery was visited by the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexiy II.
    The Orthodox white-stone Cetinje monastery (Cetinjski Monastery) in Montenegro

    A little about the internal structure and appearance of the Cetinjski monastery.

    The main monastery church is dedicated to the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin. Here are the main relics of the monastery: the relics of St. Peter of Cetinje, the imperishable right hand of St. John the Baptist (Forerunner), as well as part of the Life-giving Cross of the Lord.

    Lifehack: in different sources you can find information that the right hand of St. John the Baptist is kept in other cities and places. It happened so because the church relics used to be divided into parts so that as many people could touch their power. In Cetinje, the entire right hand is stored, except for the ring finger and little finger. It is the tiny particles of these fingers that are stored in countless churches and monasteries claiming that they have the hand of John the Baptist.

    In addition, the church houses the iconostasis, which is carved from a tree. According to some sources, the icons were painted by Nicholas Aspioti from the island of Corfu, and on the other by the brothers Ginowski from Macedonia. The church is notable for the fact that on the site of the altar image there is an icon of St. Peter Cetinski. For this reason, it is often mistakenly written that the church is dedicated to him. In the church are buried: Montenegrin prince Daniil I Petrovic-Njegos and his brother, governor Mirko, for his outstanding victories over the Turks nicknamed "the sword of Montenegro". The cell of St. Peter of Cetinje is also well preserved in the Cetinski monastery, in which a particle of the relics of St. Theodore Stratelates is kept.

    In the museum of the monastery you can see the crown of St. Stephen of Deccan, the epitrachel of St. Sava I, the vestments of Montenegrin metropolitans and the gifts of Russian emperors, as well as a valuable collection of handwritten and printed books of the 13th and 19th centuries, for example the handwritten Gospel of Divosh Tikhoradich (circa 1350 ).

    Between the monastery and the palace-museum of the Montenegrin king Nicholas, the court church of the Nativity of the Most Holy Theotokos is located, attached to the Cetinsky monastery and is a temple of the Cetinan seminary. The remains of the last Montenegrin ruler of King Nicholas (died in 1921) and his wife Milena, transferred here from the Russian church in San Remo (Italy) in 1989, kept in the church.

    To the Cetinski monastery is also attributed the monastery of St. Elijah to Komovima. Once it was destroyed, and in 1997 it was restored by the efforts of Mikhail Prelevich and the inhabitants of the nearby Kuca area. Near the church theere is a cell building. Another winter house of St. Peter Cetinski in the village of Karuc on the Skadar Lake also belongs to the monastery. And above the monastery thre is a small one of St. John the Baptist.

    At the top of the Eagle Cross Mountain, behind the monastery,there is the mausoleum of Bishop Danil, in the form of an open chapel. From here you can see the Lovcen mountain range, on one of its peaks - Jezerski vrh there is the mausoleum of Peter II Petrovic Njegos, built on the site of the tomb - the church of St. Peter of Cetinje. This beautiful church in 1972 was destroyed by the authorities of Tito and a modern, unremarkable building was erected there. The burial itself is located below the hall, here stands the sculpture of Peter Njegos with an eagle on his shoulder.

    Legend has it that Njegos ordered to bury himself exactly on the top of this mountain, in order to enjoy from there all of Montenegro. The subjects offered to bury Njegos on the highest mountain in Montenegro, but he refused, explaining that in the future there would be a ruler who would make more for Montenegro than he did , then let him be buried on the highest mountain (on Mount Bobotov Kuk - 2523 meters above sea level in the Durmitor National Park).

    In the monastery are kept such relics as:

     • The hand of John the Baptist;
     • The relics of St. Peter Cetinski (Peter I Petrovic Njegos);
     • Particles of the Holy Cross;
     • Epitrachel of Saint Sava;
     • Crown of King Stephen of Deccan;
     • Vestments of Montenegrin Metropolitans;
     • Gifts of Russian emperors;
     • A valuable collection of manuscript and printed books of the 13th-19th centuries;
     • Various old church banners.

    All these make the Cetinski Monastery in Montenegro a repository of one of the richest collections of Orthodox relics.

    Despite such an impressive list of important relics, the monastery itself looks rather modest - masonry with narrow passages and small halls. Such an atmosphere helps to plunge into yourself and think about the the deeds.

    Lifehack: as there is always a lot of people in this temple, local monks give very little time for looking at relics and, keep in mind that for a long time you will not be able to view the shrines. Near the main shrines inside the church you will be able to spend literally 2-3 seconds ...
    The hand of John the Baptist, The relics of St. Peter Cetinski (Peter I Petrovic Njegos), Particles of the Holy Cross in Cetinje monastery
    Rules of visiting and behavior in the Cetinski monastery.

    You can visit Cetinski Monastery absolutely free of charge in any day during daylight hours.

    In Cetinski monastery the appearance of pilgrims and tourists is strictly watched. Monks periodically politely remind that you are in God's temple, and therefore must follow certain rules of decency.

    You can get inside the temple only in the right closed clothes: shoulders and knees should be covered (naturally deep decolletes are not allowed), women need a headscarf and a skirt.

     Lifehack: if for some reason you did not manage to comply with these rules, do not worry, in the courtyard you will find skirts of the right length, scarves, pareos and even long trousers for men that you can rent before entering the temple. All this is issued to tourists also free of charge, but, of course, after visiting the monastery things should not be returned.

    Women in the monastery may not cover their heads. Lighted candles pilgrims put in the courtyard in a special tray with water (a symbol of purification), covered in case of rain.

     Lifehack: if you come with a group, then you will go to the relics almost immediately. If you decide to visit this place on your own, you will have to wait until  10-15 people get together, then you will be shown the relics.

    On the territory of the monastery there is also a church shop where you can buy candles, icons, talismans, souvenirs, brojanicas (a Balkan Orthodox amulet on your hand, bound with a special weaving of sheep's wool and connected in a ring) and much more. Here, as in popular monastery Ostrog, you can leave notes with names of relatives and friends.

    Another important factor that we would like to warn you about: photography is prohibited in the church.

    What can You see next to the monastery?

    At the exit from the monastery, on the left you can find a landscape map of Montenegro, to which the relief of Montenegro has been artistically transferred to the smallest details. A beautiful Vlaska church with frescoes by Greek masters is located near the monastery. Around this church there is a fence of Turkish cannons seized during the war with the Turks in 1876. Next there is the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin on Cipur. This church is attractive because it stands on the foundations of the old Cetinski monastery.

    Nearby there is the Government House, which houses two museums - the Historical and Art, an art gallery with the works of Pierre Auguste Renoir, Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Marc Chagall and other painters. And since the Monastery is still located in the central part of Cetinje, a great deal of historical places, sights, cultural centers and objects for photography can be found near it. We strongly recommend a walk along the old town of Cetinje, as there are a lot of beautiful and interesting places, which are worth a look, because for many years this city was the capital of Montenegro.

    In addition, the Cetinski Monastery is surrounded by beautiful scenic nature, clean air at any time of the year, and the quiet, measured life of the local population and the ancient streets with cozy cafes will surely make you plunge into a carefree and relaxed state. As the saying goes: "And let the whole world wait ..."!

    How to get to Cetinje and Cetinski Monastery?

    1. The easiest way to come to Cetinje is by using public transport. You will find it useful: The schedule of buses in Montenegro.
    2. The second most common option - to purchase a package tour:

     • Monastic tour - visit of Ostrog and Cetinje monasteries
     • Mini-Montenegro-Cetinje monastery and the city of Cetinje
     • Individual excursion will give an opportunity to see the city and the monastery with a personal guide.

    3. The simplest, but quite expensive option is to rent a car in Montenegro and get there yourself.

    For convenience, we attach the schedule of services in the Cetinski Monastery:

    At 5.00 am - Morning;
    At 6.30 am - Divine Liturgy (on holidays at 9.00 am);
    At 5.00 pm - All-night vigil (only on the eve of the holiday or Sunday).
    Also on Tuesdays and Thursdays – reading of the akathist to St. John the Forerunner and the Honorable and Life-giving Cross of the Lord.

    Peace, kindness and patience to you.
     
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Cetinje monastery, Montenegro
  • Guide around Montenegro
    Гуляя по Старому городу Будва, вы наверняка увидите старую постройку, глядя на которую у вас даже мысли не возникнет, что это может быть Домом Божьим. И все же, это древнейшее каменное строение является храмом, возведенным в далеком XIX веке.

    Церковь Девы Марии (Santa Maria In Punta) в старом городе Будва является одной из 8-ми святынь Черногории, связанных с именем Богородицы. Святая Дева Мария считается официальным покровителем этого популярного города в Черногории. Небольшая и незаметная на первый взгляд, она является одним из самых старых строений в городе, однако в данный момент не действует.

    Древний католический храм Девы Марии расположен в крепостной стене старой части города Будва на юго-западной его окраине, о чём и говорит приставка «In Punta»  в названии, т.е. «на кончике». Церковь находится на самом краю города возле Цитадели и напротив известной церкви Святой Троицы, в которой до сих пор проводятся службы. Храм имеет общую стену с православной церковью Святого Савы, основателя Сербской православной церкви. Это совсем небольшой храм, площадью 15 кв.м., который в настоящий момент также не действует. Во время правления венецианцев здесь служились и православные литургии и католические мессы. На стенах церкви, несмотря на сильнейшее землетрясение, до сих пор сохранились фрагменты фресок середины XII века. По одной из легенд, именно с того места, где сейчас стоит церковь, святой Сава отправился в паломничество в Иерусалим.

    Возведение святыни датируется 840 годом, когда в Будву прибыли бенедиктианские монахи из Испании, что делает её одним из самых старых зданий во всей Черногории. , Вполне возможно, что храм был частью целого монастырского комплекса, который в то время находился рядом. По легенде, рядом с крепостной стеной монахи ордена бенедиктинцев установили икону Богородицы и позвали всех христиан поклониться лику Девы Марии только для того, чтобы узнать, есть ли в городе христиане. В IX веке они здесь уже были – людей пришло очень много, поэтому на этом месте решили возвести церковь имени Святой, изображённой на иконе. Древний текст, оставленный монахами на камне в северной стене, говорит о постройке храма. Эта надпись является свидетельством возведения Святыни и одной из главных достопримечательностей Будвы. В  XIV веке церковь была под владением ордена францисканцев. В 1807 году она перестала действовать, так как в город вошла армия Наполеона, превратившая храм в конюшню.

    Католическая церковь Святой Девы Марии несколько отличается от прочих черногорских святых строений. Сооружение является смешением архитектурных стилей, что, вероятно, связано с многократными реставрационными работами. Архитектурный памятник построена в форме неправильного прямоугольника, с боковой стороны храма находится вход. Главный алтарь был возведен раньше боковых стен восточной и западной сторон. По форме арок нефа можно заметить влияние готики XIII века. Каменный фасад с колокольней сложен из грубых камней и построен в «деревенском» стиле. Церковь имеет несколько прямоугольных окон неравного размера, а на стенах расположены фрески, датированные серединой XII века. Раньше в церковном алтаре хранилась главная городская святыня — чудотворная икона Девы Марии, так называемая «Будванская Богородица», долгие годы защищавшая город от болезней и врагов. В 1807 году, незадолго до осады Будвы армией Наполеона, ее успели перенести в церковь Святого Иоанна, где она храниться до сих пор. Стоит отметить, что это был очень правильный ход, так как французские войска устроили в ней конюшню.

    В настоящее время Церковь Девы Марии используется как музейная достопримечательность, а также, в дни городских праздников, служит местом проведения музыкальных вечеров и площадкой фестиваля классической музыки «Песни Медитерраны» поскольку в ней уникальная акустика.
     
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Church Santa Maria In Punta
    Guide around Montenegro

    The sun falls asleep there
    Where one can see the most beautiful sunset
    There are many places in Montenegro one should visit at sunset.
    Let's tell about one of them.
    A few minutes by car from Kotor, there is superb with a nice name Dobrota. There is St. Eustahije's church of the 18th century. You will notice its high belfry from a distance. Leave your car in a parking lot near the church and go down along the fence off bushy pink hollyhock, straight to a small pier.
    At sunset, here is an unrealistically beautiful view. It seems that this piece of Boka-Kotor bay completely vanishes in a shady purple haze. And colors, such beautiful colors!
    If to come here earlier, have a chance to visit the church. There is a lot of interesting inside. For example, septicoloured marble altar, huge mosaic pannel and the main treasury of the collection is lace of 17-18 centuries. Montenegrin craftswomen had been making this lace while long months and years waiting for their husbands-sailors.

     

    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Church Of St. Eustahiya
    Guide around Montenegro

    Not far away from Riblje Lake, near Novakovici village of Zabljak town-council, at the height of 1411 above the sea, there is real "Devil's Lake", that is translation for Vražje Lake. According to an old legend, once upon a time, there was a wicked red horse with wings. Red flame came out of his nostrils. By nights, it came out of the lake and made love with mares. To prevent colts with wings being born, he kicked mares in their bellies. Still one horse gave birth to a kind colt Yabuchila. Later a commander Momchilo had been flying with Yabuchila.   
    Fisher men like visiting this lake, because it is quite rich with fish, especially trout. Tourists also come here and swim in the lake. Its maximum depth is 11m. If you plan long stay, take care about sun protection. There is no tress or any other shelter.

     

    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Vrazhje Lake
    Guide around Montenegro

    Zminčko Lake is a reserved place hidden in the depth of dense forest of Durmitor National Park. Despite of its name, you can hardly meet snake here, but there are a lot of lizards. The length of lake is 230m, the width is 120m and maximum depth is 7,7m. This place is nice to meet sunrise and observe the sunrays make the way through firs around the shore. It is also good for a picnic. There are wooden benches and drinking water source.
    Zminčko Lake is 3km to the North-West from Black Lake in Žabljak municipality, at the rise of Mlinskij stream. You can get there by the path from Black Lake to the direction of Jablan Lake.

    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Zminčko Lake
    Guide around Montenegro
    Convent Zdrebaonik located near the town of Danilovgrad, 17 km from the Ostrog monastery. The name of the monastery comes from the word "zdravie" that in the Slavic language means "Church estate, property." There are several versions of who founded the monastery - Prince Vukan of Zeta, son of Prince Stefan, king Milutin. But in any case, all converge in the opinion that the founder was someone from the representatives of the dynasty nemanjic, and that the Foundation of the monastery should be attributed to the 13th-14th centuries. In those days the monastery was metham (slave) of the monastery Moraca.

    The main temple, consecrated in honor of St. Michael the Archangel, erected in 1818 on the foundations of an ancient temple from the times of the nemanjic. The monastery complex consists of a Church, a large hospice house and several smaller buildings that were used as classrooms. The Church of St. Archangel Michael built in typical Montenegrin style churches - hewn sturdy grey stone. The Church altar is decorated with the Holy see, in the middle is the main icon created by the monks of Svyatogorsk. In 1819 the monastery was built two-storey Konak (hospice). Now live in it about ten nuns and the prioress. In the monastery icon workshop.

    In 1856, the monastery keeps relics of Saint Arsenios of Simca. He was the second Archbishop and successor of Saint Sava - the founder of the Serbian Autocephalous Orthodox Church. The relics of this Saint many miracles and healings. Between 1884 and 1914, these relics were stored elsewhere in the monastery Kosijerevo, but then returned to Zdrebaonik. In addition to the relics of Saint Arsenios here lie the relics of the Holy Martyr Fevronia.

    The Church of St. Michael the Archangel is a classic for Montenegrin temples structure with straight flat walls and semi-circular altar jog. Inside the temple there is a balcony for the choir, an altar with icons of Arsenius, and St. Sava, as well as a case, with the imperishable relics. In addition to the Church in the monastery complex included a large hospice, built in 1819, as well as a number of new buildings — a refectory, a library and an icon workshop. Since 1994, the monastery Zdrebaonik is a female Orthodox monastery belonging to the Montenegrin-coastal Metropolitan of the Serbian Orthodox Church.

     
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Female monastery Zdrebaonik
  • Guide around Montenegro
    Mountain Lake is located at an altitude of 1285 m, in the town of Zabljak, near the place Zminats at the foot of the Sinjajevina mountain, and is a part of the Durmitor National Park.
    The name of the lake is named after the village, next to it, while officially it is a part of the Durmitor National Park and is part of another mountain range Sinjajevina.
    Coniferous forests and meadows give it a special charm. Tourists often come there in search of the classic rural landscapes. Zminichko lake is surrounded by woods and fields.
    The lake is located at 1285 meters above sea level, its length is 280 m, width - 240 m.
    The maximum depth is 3.8 m, close to the bank does not exceed 0.7 m, in the summer the water in the lake warms up.
    The main sources of water in the lake in spring is snowmelting, and the lake is drained much in the hot season. This lake has a special kind of "leeches", which are widely used for folk-medicine.
    There is a large number of wild ducks and other waterfowl on the bank.
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Zminichko lake
    Guide around Montenegro
     Botanical Garden of Daniel Vinchek (Dulovina) is located at an altitude of 1018 m. above sea level in the southern part of Kolasin. The garden is located on a hill, and its very location provides optimal conditions for the growth of 400 species of plants, most of which are endemic, and approximately 80% of which is classified as a medicinal herb.

     Botanical Garden in Kolasin appeared in 1981, thanks to the efforts of an amateur botanist Daniel Vinchek. By organizing this garden, he found the best way to preserve valuable and rare plants growing in remote places. Daniel Vinchek is helped by his wife Vera in everything.

     On the area of 646 square meters is created a natural environment for the growth of trees, shrubs and herbs typical to this place. Botanical Garden staff conduct scientific research, observing the plants, photographing them and thus making files on each of their ward. All plants in the botanical garden have nameplates, that make a walk through the garden more interesting and informative.

     The most important exhibit of the botanical garden is considered to be a typical for the Balkan Peninsula, but not found anywhere else tree - Pinus Peuce with a 5-needle structure of branches.

     Some plants have names associated not only with their native habitat, but also with famous Montenegrins, for example, a violet of King Nikola or a rose of Queen Milena. The founder of the garden also got such an honour, a plant Alchemilla vulgaris now has a name of Alchemilla Vincheka
     
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Botanical garden of Daniel Vincek (Dulovina)
    Guide around Montenegro
    Bedem Fortress is located in the western part of modern Niksic on the site of the old town of Upper Onogosht. The first mention of the fortress Bedem was recorded in 1518.
    The fortress was built by the Turks in XVIII century after the conquest of the Slavic Onogosht. The upper town was surrounded by walls, where the Ottoman administration was, while the lower part of the settlement, inhabited by artisans, was outside the fortification and had their own defense system. Fortification was divided into western and eastern parts, besides the outer castle walls, it also had six towers located at the corners of the fortress. There is an oldest part of the fort in the middle of it - Castel, which was built in the VI century in the Roman period. The central building of the bastion includes a room for the guard and a deep basement, used for the storage of ammunition.
    High area on the height of the fort were artillery platforms before, each of which housed 6-8 guns. The fortress was always a place of battles for the town during the many wars, the last battle at the walls of the bastion took place in 1878, when Niksic was set free by Montenegrin Prince Nikola I. Then Niksic gradually started to become urban settlement, and the need of fortifications was not required any more. The town start living a new life, attracting new settlers.
    Ruins of Bedem Fortress today are protected by the state as a national historical monument. Relatively recently, the citadel complex has been undergone the restoration, after which its area has reached several hectares. The fortress is located on a hill, with views of the valley of Niksic and cliffs. Currently the ruins of Niksic fortress Bedem is a traditional place for various cultural events.
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Fortress Bedem
    Guide around Montenegro
    Srablje lake is located on the south-west of Zhabljak town-council, at the foot of Durmitor's peak Sedlena Greda, at a height of 1609 above sea level. It is the smallest lake of this region. Its size is 45mx25m and maximum depth is 1,5m. The name of the lake originates from the words "grow together" and "overgrow". More likely because of the miraculous property of the lake to heal over wounds and illnesses. Having visited Srablje lake you can immediately visit Modro lake, which is separated from Srablje lake just by a single mountain pass.
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Srablje Lake
    Guide around Montenegro
    The city is located in the north-eastern part of Montenegro on the bank of the Tara River between the mountain ranges Bielasica and Signaevina at an altitude of 820 m above sea level, not far from the ancient settlement of Brskovo. The municipality borders on Kolasin, so the natural conditions in them are similar: the same beautiful mountains, forests, lakes and rivers. Mojkovac is called "Montenegrin Switzerland", it is also quiet, cozy and beautiful - the slopes of the mountains are strewn with "toy" houses and covered with soft cotton wool of clouds. Nearby is the national park Biogradska Gora and the famous canyon of the Tara River begins.

    City `s history
     For the first time the city is mentioned in 1254, when during the reign of the Serbian King Urosha, the head of state of Rashka, a mint yard was opened here. Serbian silver money was minted in the mint in the village of Brskovo, near the city. Thanks to this, the city grew rapidly, becoming a major shopping center. The name of the city - Mojkovac - is translated as "chasing". In addition to the mining and coinage business in Mojkovac, woodworking from the local forest also developed.
     In the First World War, the city became famous for the Battle of Mojkovac, in which the Montenegrin and Austro-Hungarian armies converged. In 1916 the Montenegrins managed to defend their city and break the superior forces of Austria-Hungary. In memory of the battle of Moykovac, an obelisk is installed in the city.
     Modern life of the city is connected with the development of the tourism sector, the production of environmentally friendly products and woodworking.

    Sights of the city and municipality
     The historical sights of the municipality include, first and foremost, an ancient 12th century mint in the village of Brskovo, which is located on a hill 6 km east of Mojkovac, where archeological excavations are currently under way.
     At the entrance to the city is the Church of the Nativity of Christ, built in memory of those who died in the Battle of Montenegrins. The idea of ​​its construction belonged to King Alexander Karadjordjevitch, but was implemented only in 2008.
    Church of the Nativity of Christ
     In addition, the monastery of St. George, founded in the 16th century, is located here, and nearby is the famous monastery of Moraca.

    Monastery of Moraca
     The monastery is not without reason called Moraca - the so-called mountain river, in the canyon of which it stands. This place among the high peaks, on a natural level plateau, is recognized as one of the most picturesque in the country. Landscapes inspire an appeal to the soul, introspection, peace and tranquility. You can reach the monastery by the road that connects Podgorica with the north of Montenegro.

     It is here that the world-famous Tara Canyon begins, an amazing creation of nature, popular not only among fans of extreme sports, but also in connoisseurs of primeval mountain landscapes. And the Biogradska Gora Reserve, which is located slightly to the south, is known all over the world for its unique plants and animals, magnificent lakes and beautiful snow-capped peaks.

    Tara
     The depth of the canyon is 1.3 km, the length is 82 km, it stretches between the mountains of Durmitor and Signaevina on the one side, and Zlatni Bor and Lyubishnia on the other. Since 1980, the canyon was included in the Durmitor Nature Park as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

     In the north-eastern part of the Synyaevin Mountains, in the territory of the Durmitor National Park on the border of the municipalities of Zabljak and Mojkovac there is one of the deepest lakes in Zambojskoe in Montenegro. The area of ​​the lake is 27,600 m², but because of the large 19-meter depth the water reserve in it is almost 170,000 m³. This depth of the Zaboisky Lake places it in the third place in the country, after the Black Lake and the Captain's Lake. The lake is excellent for fishing, rainbow trout inhabits here, which locals prefer to call the word "brkach".
     Once on the shore of the lake, you can enjoy its clean and cool water, silence and tranquility, which is broken only by the barely audible murmur of a mountain spring. You can get here by a special route, which is organized along the territory of Durmitor by hikers - hikers. Due to its exceptional natural value, Zabojskoe Lake is protected by a national reserve.

     In the suburb of Mojkovac there are 2 more temples: the monastery Dobrilovina, founded in 1592 (the monastery is located in the municipality of Mojkovac near the village of Nizhnaya Dobrilovina in the valley of the river Tara, on the border with the municipality of Zabljak) and the Church of the Archangel Michael (located in the cemetery of the village of Štitaričy in the municipality of Mojkovac) .

    To the south-east of Mojkovac there is the world-famous reserve Biogradska Gora, in addition, not far from this village there are the tops of Siniaevin and Belasitsa, popular among skiers. The main wealth of the National Park Biogradska Mountain is untouched by modern civilization, many of whose trees have been preserved in their original form, having an age of more than 400 years. In these pristine forests, a large number of representatives of the animal world live and many unique plants grow. In addition to the oldest forest, six glacial lakes of the national park are of interest to tourists, including the largest - Biogradskoe Lake.

    How to get to the city
     You can get to Mojkovac by road or by rail. The distance to the international airport of Podgorica is just over a hundred kilometers. The city has a well-developed railway connection, it is one of the key stations on the Belgrade-Bar route. Modern highways connect the Mojkovac with the capital - Podgorica, coastal towns - Budva, Kotor, Tivat, Petrovac, with other northern regions of the country and with some regions of Serbia. The most convenient way to travel is of course the car, the list of car rental services is available on the link. To get acquainted with the bus routes and the traffic schedule, follow the link.

     In the north of Montenegro, there are many beautiful cities with an interesting history and culture, with numerous sights. Both in winter and in summer tourists come to Mojkovac. Attract them here and haughty monumental mountains, and Tara, offering dizzying white water rafting, and thick virgin forests.
    Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Mojkovac

Beaches of Montenegro

Enjoy the sun, the sea and a good mood on the best beaches in Montenegro!

  • Beaches of Montenegro Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Przno beach (Pržno plaža) is a small gravel beach. It is located in a former fishing village. Many boats are still moored here. There are beach bar, restaurant and renting of sun loungers. It is very convenient to get Sveti-Stefan by boat from this place. There is lack of parking space. 
    Pržno beach
    Beaches of Montenegro Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Becici beach is one of the most beautiful and longest beaches of the southern Adriatic. It starts from the Cape of Zavala and spreads over the Rafailovici Beach. It is a sandy beach with pebbles. Tourists can enjoy multiple sea recreations. For one who likes leisure activities, there are WaveRunner, Towable Water Tube, Banana water ride, boat, children's playground, attractions, many restaurants and cafes. There is a promenade at the Pine shadows along the beach. One can shelter there from a noonday heat. The beach is equipped by the sun loungers, umbrellas and sports-grounds. There are changing rooms, showers and WC. Sea rescue service is on duty. Parking place is near the beach. 
    Becici beach in Budva, Montenegro
  • Beaches of Montenegro Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Zukovica beach (Žukovica plaža) is a wild gravel beach, partially rocky and sandy. It is surrounded by mediterranean flora and locates next to Žukovica cape at the coast of Grbalj valley. Special conveniences are absent.  
    Zukovica beach
    Beaches of Montenegro Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Mirista beach is a concrete-sand beach, located in a small vivid bay in a populated place of the same name. Here you can gain a complete piece for your body and soul by diving into a picturesque landscapes and enjoying pure forest air. On the shore you can chose beach surface as you like, either sand or concrete. The shore consists of concrete platforms, which ascend to the forest by stairs. Between the platforms sand is put. You can get o the beach by autoroad across Lustica or by sea. There is all the necessary on the beach: sun loungers, umbrellas, shower, WC, restaurants, cafes, parking, pier and sea rescue service.
    Mirišta beach
  • Beaches of Montenegro Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Lučice beach (Lučice plaža) is a comfortable gravel-sandy beach in the bay surrounded by softwood. There are free and paid parking, restaurants, bars, water slide and see attractions.  
    Lučice beach
    Beaches of Montenegro Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    Beach of Milocer and one of the most beautiful beaches on Adriatic seashore. This place is wonderful to have a rest in a famous Budva Riviera. The most sophisticated tourist will be charmed by a wonderful territory with the best sand and an ideal clearness as well as the most beautiful sea views.The beauty of the beach is above the all sea shores of Milocer. Olives and cypress valleys surround the beach from the land side and the rocks protect it from the wind. It is located between Sveti Stefan and Milocer and its length is 380 meters.The beach is very popular among the tourists, thus there is a former summer residence of Karađorđević dynasty, villa Milocer. It is free for the residents of the villa. For the rest is 75 Euro for the entrance and sun lounger. There are cafes and small shops behind the beach.  
    Beach Milocer
  • Beaches of Montenegro Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    The Hawaii beach is pebble-sandy beach located on the Island St. Nicholas in Budva Riviera. Beach on the island of St. Nicholas, or as the local peoples call it "Hawaii" is only one kilometer from the famous resort town of Budva and consists of 3 beaches, total length of over 800 metres. The beach on the St. Nicola's island or the local name is "Hawai" is located 1 km from Budva and consists of 3 beaches. The total length is more than 800 meters. If you are looking for privacy, you can find small bays on the rocky coastline, which is very indented. The island is reachable just by boat. The boats and yachts depart regularly from all beaches of Budva. It costs 2-5 Euros per person depending the season. The access to the island is free. Sun loungers and umbrellas cost 5-15 Euros (2 sun loungers and un umbrella). The island is covered by dense forest and there are rabbits, pheasants and deer. There are bars and cafes on the island. But fish restaurant is extremely popular there, where the visitors are served with freshly caught fish. There are sport playgrounds, changing rooms, shower and WC, sea rescue service and medical station on the island. Water area close to the island is loved by paragliders, water skier and lovers of other sport activities.  
    Beach Hawaii on the island of St. Nicolas in Montenegro
    Beaches of Montenegro Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
    The Beach of Saint Stephen (Sveti Stefan) is located close to the famous island-hotel and consists of 2 beaches divided by the bridge heading to the island. The left side beach is a municipal and free. The right side beach belongs to the hotel Sveti Stefan. The difference between two beaches is the one has smaller gravel and less quantity of tourists. The price for a set of tables, sun loungers and an umbrella is 50 Euros on Sveti Stefan beach. There are not so much tourists even at a high season.  Next to the beach there is a small quay with palms, blossom oleanders and old olive trees with amazing stocks.  
    The Beach of Saint Stephen (Sveti Stefan), Montenegro

Events

Choose where to go during your vacation

  • Live concerts at the Vista Vidikovac Bar

    Every Saturday, from the 12th to the 27th of January, 2019, the bar-restaurant Vista Vidikovac, which is located in the resort town of Budva (Montenegro), will host parties with...
    Budva
    12.01-27.01.19
  • Game 60" in Budva

    From January 16 to February 27, 2019, every Wednesday from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm, in the cafe-restaurant Pivnica Nik Gold, which is located on the waterfront in the resort town of...
    Budva
    16.01-27.02.19
  • Fair of Olives, Wine and Healthy Food in Bijela

    From 8 to 10 February 2019, in the village of Bijela, which is located near the resort town of Herceg Novi (Montenegro), the Fair of Olives, Wine and Healthy Food will be...
    Herceg Novi
    08.02-10.02.19
Go to events

News

Read the latest news about Montenegro

Tourist tips

Useful information for travelers


Photos of Montenegro

See our photos and post your with the tag #waytomontenegro in social networks

Rent of yachts, motor boats, boats, catamarans, scooters, canoes, SUP-s and other types of water transport in Montenegro for walks, outdoor activities or fishing in the Adriatic sea or on Skadar lake.

Montenegro is a small country on the Balkan Peninsula, which is washed by the Adriatic Sea. The Montenegrin coast is divided into two parts: Bay of Kotor, where the Tivat, Kotor and Herceg-Nova Riviera are located and the open Adriatic Sea with the Budva, Bar and Ulcinj Rivieras. Unlike the neighboring countries of the Balkan region, Montenegro has a relatively small coastline - about 300 kilometers. Nevertheless, today, renting yachts, motor boats, boats, catamarans, scooters and other types of water transport in Montenegro is one of the most popular services among tourists from all over the world.

Rest in Montenegro is unlikely to be complete if you do not find the time and will not go out even once to the open sea on a yacht or boat. None of the types of outdoor activities are able to give such stunning emotions as a boat trip / yacht / catamaran / motor boat / and other sailing in open water. Rent of yachts, motor boats, boats, catamarans, scooters, kayaks, SUP-s, etc. Is a pleasure that sometimes costs more than many other entertainments, but emotions also cause this kind of rest too special and memorable for many years ...

View and download the 3D map of the coast here. Google Maps area of Montenegro here. Wind and temperature - map

The service of renting yachts, motor boats, boats and other sea vessels in Montenegro allows local residents and guests not only to enjoy the delights of luxurious leisure, but also to see all the beauty of Montenegrin coast alive, see picturesque islands, unusual places, unique sights, hidden grottoes and caves and much more from the Adriatic Sea...

Rent a yacht in Montenegro - is a great opportunity to celebrate any holiday, go for a ride with family or friends and admire the sights, and also arrange an unforgettable photo session against the background of the coast or the boundless Adriatic Sea. Here are just some of the places you should definitely visit when renting a yacht, motor boat or boat in Montenegro: Old Budva and St. Nicholas Island; St. Stefan's Island; the summer palace of the royal family in Milocer; Bay of Kotor, along the banks of which are the cities of Tivat, Herceg Novi, Kotor and Perast with its famous islands; The old town of Kotor, surrounded by a high stone fortress wall; the island-fortress of Mamula; the island of Katic and the Holy Resurrection near Petrovac; Zabljak Crnojevic on the Skadar Lake, etc.

Even if you are not interested in landscapes and stunning views of nature, you can simply ride on the desired water transport along the Adriatic Sea, Bay of Kotor or Skadar Lake and enjoy the carelessness of the sea and a pleasant rest alone with nature. It is impossible to compare with anything, even with a trip on a respectable or most powerful car on highways. Do not believe me? Then just check it out!

Rent of yachts, motor boats and boats in Montenegro is a service that today gains great popularity both with locals and tourists! That's why we collect only the best options for sea vessels for you and only from trusted management companies and owners of yachts, boats, boats, catamarans, scooters, kayaks, SUP-s and other types of water transport in Montenegro.
Useful information for travelers Way to Montenegro Prva Proletarska bb., Budva, Montenegro +382 69 171 249
Вы начали регистрироваться через соц сеть
1
Notifi_Close
Notifi_ON
Notifi_OFF
HINTS ON WEBSITE
1
(Off)
Feedback
FEEDBACK
Note
NOTES FOR TOURISTS
Download to GOOGLE PLAY
Download from GOOGLE PLAY