Every year in the beginning of November in the club "Buena Vista Dance School"
(Podgorica) there are Tango-style weekends - "Podgorica Tango Weekend"
, which are attended by various tango dancers and world famous instructors. This time a brilliant young Argentine couple Damian Mechura and Veronica Vazquez will visit us.Veronica Vaskez
was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. At the age of 12, she becomes interested in tango after her aunt started taking her along to milongas
- dancing evenings, where Argentine tango is danced and tango music is played. These trips have a strong influence on Veronica, that as soon as she went to school, in parallel she began dancing intensively in the style of tango in the classroom with the famous choreographers - Albe Ferreti and Mauricia Seiferta. Since that moment, milongas and tango have become an inseparable part of her life. She performed and taught in many places in Buenos Aires, and also studied with such famous teachers and true masters in the world of Tango, such as: Gloria and Rodolfo Dinzel, Sebastian Arce and Mariana Montes, Nito and Elba, Gloria and Eduardo Arquimbau, Gavito and Maria Plazzaola. Further, in order to diversify and improve her skills, Veronica Vaskez began taking ballet lessons, jazz ballet, Latin, rock & roll and other dance styles. In 2009 she begins her professional career in tango under the guidance of famous stars: Sebastian Achaval and Roxana Suarez, Silvio La Via, Gabriel Angio and Natalia Games.Damian Mechura
first got acquainted with tango 12 years ago, after that he had an interest in this popular form of dance and Tango culture itself. He began his studies at the tango school "Tango Brujo", where he got acquainted with many teachers and craftsmen, thus obtaining all the necessary skills and excellent techniques. In 2011, he won the dance contest "Tango Salon" and this served as a start in his professional career as a tango dancer.Damian and Veronica are dancing together since 2015
. They participated in the last World Tango Championships in Buenos Aires and were finalists in the category "Tango de pista." In addition, they teach in dance schools "Escuela de la Mangal de Tango de GE" and "Escuela de Tango de Buenos Aires" ( both in Buenos Aires), as well as conducting master classes in various European countries and in many cities in the United States of America.
Within the framework of the weekend "Podgorica Tango Weekend", in the club "Buena Vista Dance School"
(Podgorica) there will be 6 seminars, a duration of each is 1.5 hours, one hands-on master class with teachers and two Milongas, with a speech by Damian and Veronica on one of them.Event Schedule:Friday
6:00-8:00 pm - Seminar with Damian Mechur and Veronica Vaskez.Saturday
11:00 am 12:30 pm - Dance as a means of improvisation.
12:45-2:15 pm - How to achieve complete control in different styles of dance?
2:15 4:30 pm - Lunch.
4:30-6:00 pm - Improving the movement in paired dances.10:00 pm- 01: 00 am - GRAND MILONG + SHOW PROGRAM!Sunday
11:00 am-12:30 pm - Research and discussion of the Sacada technique in dances.
12:45-2:15 pm - Master class for men and women.
2:15-4:30 pm - Lunch.
4:30-6:00 pm - Improvement of dynamics and rhythm in dances.10:00 pm-01:00 am CLOSING MILONG
All events will be held in Buena Visti cafe-bar, except for Milonga closing on Sunday, which will be held in "Duet" cafe.Prices:
- Full pass (all seminars, master classes and 2 milongas) - 60 euros
- One day of the seminar (3 x 1.5 hours) - 35 euros
- Individual seminar - 15 euros
- Grand Milonga + show program - 5 euros
- The closing of Milonga - 3 euros
Since the number of seats is limited, it will be possible to enroll in individual seminars or one day of the event only from the 1st of October. Until that date, you can only pay a full pass. It is not necessary to indicate the phone in the registration form, but applications with phones will take precedence if seats are filled.
Fill in the form to participate in the event by clicking on the link
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press +