Dear passengers, in this article we will tell about some of the features of baggage, the rules of transportation of baggage and hand luggage on the plane. For your comfort, as well as ensuring your own safety and the safety of other passengers we recommend you also to read the rules of hand luggage and baggage in advance on the company's website, the services of which you use. What regards the transportation of luggage, you should immediately point out the following: the rules providing for this process, do not have a single world standard. That is why we should mention two main points when buying or booking a ticket. The first one
- the country to which you are traveling, as each state has its own rules and standards. For example, going to Dubai, it’s forbidden to take (not only in the luggage, but also with hand luggage or in pockets) items and literature of a religious nature, not related to Islam. The second one
- the choice of airline influences the norms and baggage rules. Due to the fact that each airline has its own requirements and regulations hand luggage and baggage: permissible weight of hand baggage and checked baggage, etc., the best way is to prepare in advance of course, and not to pay for the additional baggage allowance, or leave at the airport forbidden for transportation item. In addition, the allowed baggage weight is affected by the class of purchased ticket (e.g., economy or business class), and the type of aircraft.
It is allowed:
Customs rules at the airport
- importing and exporting a minimum of 10 000 Euros in cash without filling in Custom declaration;
- importing of duty free items for personal use during the flight - PERSONAL LUGGAGE;
- tobacco/cigarettes: 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars, or 100 cigarillos, or 250g of tobacco;
- strong drinks: 1 liter of wine or 1 liter of strong beverages;
- perfume: 1 bottle of perfume not exceeding 50g or 1 bottle of eau de cologne not exceeding 0,25l;
- importing non commercial goods not exceeding 150 EUR by the citizens of Montenegro;
- items, which were exported from Montenegro temporary. One should submit a corresponded certificate (item identity certificate).It is prohibited:
- guns and supplies (excluding fowling-piece and supplies, as far as is concerned organized hunting);
- sporting weapons and supplies, other sport equipment;
- drugs, poisons, pesticides, other dangerous and hazardous substances;
- animals, domestic animals, products of ingredients of animal origin, plants, parts of plants and plant products, excluding animals and plants with corresponded certificates (about health condition), as well as permission from corresponded veterinary and sanitary services;
- amateur radio stations, which were not inspected by the Agency of Telecommunications; for amateur radio stations, which imported by the citizens of CEPT
* member state and states accepted CEPT
* permissions, and having CEPT 1 and CEPT 2 licenses, do not require Agency's permission for importing up to 3 months.
*СEPT - European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications administrations.
All passengers arriving by international flights should take their baggage and get through custom control. There is a system of RED and GREEN corridors in customs surveillance zone. Passengers should read notification about allowed baggage to clarify if they have goods for submitting (taxed goods to be examined or prohibited goods).
If there are taxed goods, passengers should proceed to red corridor. The goods are submitted to the Custom service to identify taxation. In case passengers do not have goods for submission, they can proceed to green corridor. Custom officers carrying service in green corridor have right to keep a passenger and examine him/her. This system is accepted in most countries of Europe and over the world, and it presents system starting functioning in Republic of Montenegro. Passengers, who are not sure what corridor to proceed, should choose red corridor.