Over the past two days, in various groups in the social network Facebook local residents and guests of Montenegro have posted several reports that on the popular public beach Ploče, which is located near the resort town of Budva, very dangerous sea inhabitants - fiery bristle worms appeared on the very shore
.Be sure to show this photo and any video from the Internet about these marine inhabitants to children and tell them not to touch them, as they are poisonous!!!
The other day, two children were swimming in the sea and saw these very bright marine inhabitants almost at the very shore on the surface of the water. They took the worm in their hands and got them burned.
Externally, fireworms are very similar to large centipedes and can reach a length of up to 40 cm .. As the name implies, they have a bright red-orange color, which often attracts the attention of inexperienced divers. On each leg of this worm are a few small white hairs, which are capsules with poison. At the slightest risk, the worm discards poisonous bristles with poison, which very easily dig into human skin. By themselves red worms are slow enough and capsules with poison are their only defense mechanism.
It is worth noting that on the well-groomed municipal beaches of Montenegro to face these dangerous creatures can only divers who study the local stony depths. If you dare to go to the local wild beach, you may encounter a fiery worm in shallow water. That's why for such campaigns it is strongly recommended to wear special rubber shoes.
Keep in mind, the poison of a red bristle worm contains a neurotoxin. Fortunately, it doesn't lead to death, but the consequences for a person can be very unpleasant. The main symptoms of a "bite" by a fireworm:
burning and hot sensations at the place of contact with the worm, redness and inflammation of the skin, puffiness, numbness, dizziness, nausea, fever.First aid rules if you are "bitten" by a fiery bristle worm:
The very first action should be a careful removal of the visible bristles - capsules with poison by tweezers. Unfortunately, many of the setae are very thin, almost invisible or even transparent. In this case, they can be removed with any adhesive tape. After this, the affected area of the skin should be treated with a disinfectant or vinegar solution or with ethyl alcohol. If irritation persists, apply a skin cream based on hydrocortisone. To ease the pain, you can also take painkillers: Ibuprofen, Nurofen or Mig).
After this, always consult a doctor, because, depending on the person and the degree of damage, they can prescribe a course of antibiotics for external use in the form of special ointments or creams, as well as other drugs.Remember: if you are bitten by an unknown fish or pricked some nasty sea creature, then it is necessary to immediately apply to this place any object of temperature from 45 to 65 degrees Celsius. Marine creatures have thermolabile poison (!!!), i.e. It is unstable to heat and varies with heating.
Be careful, especially on vacation...
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter