Mogren Fortress (it’s also Jaz troop) was built in 1860 by the ruling at the time Austro-Hungarians to defend the western borders of Budva. The fortress was a powerful fortification of almost rectangular shape with high walls and towers at the corners. With its help, troops took control of all the approaches to the city, including the sea.
Since the fortress was involved in the two world wars, some objects have been completed at that time. For example, during the Second World War, the fortress was used as a warehouse of weapons and ammunition. To this day only walls of the fortresses and bunkers are preserved, which are poorly visible from the road because of the dense vegetation.
The fortress is located on a promontory Mogren between the beaches Mogren and Jaz just a kilometer from the town of Budva and it offers a great panoramic view of the entire western coast of Budva Riviera.
There are 3 ways to get to the fortress Mogren:
As a result of several earthquakes and the indifference of the authorities of Montenegro, currently the oldest building is in a dilapidated condition and some places are overgrown with grass and shrubs. More or less preserved left only some walls.
Admission is free, fortress is not protected.
Excursion groups are not taken there, so if the goal is to seclude, look at the sea, on the Budva Riviera, the beaches Mogren and Jaz, admire the island of St. Nicholas, have a walk through the ruins of the fortress, or do something else interesting, feel free to go on this top .
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press+
Yet more places and objects in Montenegto in the same category