A centuries-old black poplar (Populus nigra) is the "landmark" of Piazza of the Cinema in Old Town. It was planted after the strong earthquake in 1667 in the courtyard of a former Franciscan monastery of Our Lady of the Angels. The poplar, which dates back to the Venetian period, with its intertwined curvy branches and knotted cracked trunk, was and still is the favorite place of tourists and travelers, while for many residents of this part of the city it is the symbol of happy childhood. Numerous cultural and entertainment programs were and still are being held under the canopy of this majestic tree.
At the time when the Monastery of Our Lady of the Angels was seated here, the poplar was hidden from the public eye and surrounded by a 12 meters high wall. When the wall was torn down, besides the residents of Kotor, excursion groups and numerous tourists came to take a photo of this giant tree in the middle of the square. This tradition is kept today.
There is exactly a place, where a terrace and a yard of Lounge Bar-а Ombra are located. Enjoy hospitality and kindness of the staff of Lounge Bar-а Ombra in the shadows of black poplar.
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press +