Clock Tower of Kotor was built in 1602 at the order of Antonio Grimaldi, the Deputy of Venice. The Tower consists of 4 overground storeys and one underground storey.
The Clock Tower is made of massive stone blocks mined out of Lovchen mountain group. The watches are installed on both sides, the other two towers are enclosed by buildings attached to them.
The Clock tower in Kotor is attributed to the category of leaning towers. Its inclination is not so obvious as of a famous Tower of Pisa, it is about 20cm (in top point towards foudation). The bottom of the Clock Tower was strengthened after the earthquake in 1979 to prevent further decline.
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press +