The earliest references about the church date back to 1166. It's exactly the period when the Cathedral church was hallowed at the presence of the abbot St. Michael of Kotor, Petar, and so was the time the church was a constituent part of the abbacy.
Unfortunately, the church has not preserved its original look. The present church is a small building with one nave, half-round apse topped by ogive, which looks more impressive thanks to arches reinforcing it. According to all indications the construction of this building was started at the end of 14th century - beginning of 15thcentury.
Earlier there were bas-reliefs outside of the building containing inscriptions and various images, which eventually were substituted by replicas to insure long life for the originals inside of the church.
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press +