Church of Our Lady of Health is located on the slope of a high mountain leading from Old Town to the fortress of St. John. The church was built by the locals honoring the Holy Mother in acknowledgement of rescue the town from plague epidemic. The icon of Our Lady of Health was places here, which became famous for its gift of saving from deceases in Medieval Italy. Church of Our Lady of Health was built in the beginning of XV century, but the first references were dated 1518. An older religious building dated VI century, related to Early Christianity period was found in the result of archaeological excavations.
The walls of the church are decorated with the paintings depicting the life of the Blessed Virgin: the Birth, the Entry into the Temple, the Annunciation, and ascension into heaven.
You get to the church just by foot walking over a stiff slope consisted of 500 stairs beginning from Old Town square.
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press +