Convent Zdrebaonik located near the town of Danilovgrad, 17 km from the Ostrog monastery. The name of the monastery comes from the word "zdravie" that in the Slavic language means "Church estate, property." There are several versions of who founded the monastery - Prince Vukan of Zeta, son of Prince Stefan, king Milutin. But in any case, all converge in the opinion that the founder was someone from the representatives of the dynasty nemanjic, and that the Foundation of the monastery should be attributed to the 13th-14th centuries. In those days the monastery was metham (slave) of the monastery Moraca.
The main temple, consecrated in honor of St. Michael the Archangel, erected in 1818 on the foundations of an ancient temple from the times of the nemanjic. The monastery complex consists of a Church, a large hospice house and several smaller buildings that were used as classrooms. The Church of St. Archangel Michael built in typical Montenegrin style churches - hewn sturdy grey stone. The Church altar is decorated with the Holy see, in the middle is the main icon created by the monks of Svyatogorsk. In 1819 the monastery was built two-storey Konak (hospice). Now live in it about ten nuns and the prioress. In the monastery icon workshop.
In 1856, the monastery keeps relics of Saint Arsenios of Simca. He was the second Archbishop and successor of Saint Sava - the founder of the Serbian Autocephalous Orthodox Church. The relics of this Saint many miracles and healings. Between 1884 and 1914, these relics were stored elsewhere in the monastery Kosijerevo, but then returned to Zdrebaonik. In addition to the relics of Saint Arsenios here lie the relics of the Holy Martyr Fevronia.
The Church of St. Michael the Archangel is a classic for Montenegrin temples structure with straight flat walls and semi-circular altar jog. Inside the temple there is a balcony for the choir, an altar with icons of Arsenius, and St. Sava, as well as a case, with the imperishable relics. In addition to the Church in the monastery complex included a large hospice, built in 1819, as well as a number of new buildings — a refectory, a library and an icon workshop. Since 1994, the monastery Zdrebaonik is a female Orthodox monastery belonging to the Montenegrin-coastal Metropolitan of the Serbian Orthodox Church.
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press +