The old town of Kotor is rightly considered to be one of the most well preserved medieval city centers on the Adriatic, listed by UNESCO as a world cultural heritage site. From 1420 to 1797 Kotor and its environs were under the control of the Venetian Republic and the Venetian influence remained dominant in the architecture of the city.
One of the symbols of the Old Kotor, meeting the guests of the city immediately at the central entrance is a three-story clock tower erected in this place at the beginning of the XVII century. The tower has successfully survived several centuries and many devastating earthquakes, continuing to regularly serve all local residents and numerous tourists with the city main clock.
Near the clock tower in the Middle Ages there was the Pillar of Torment (Torrisi torturae) - a special place where the criminal was tied in such a way that all citizens could personally see them and become acquainted with their crime.
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter