Redzepagic Tower is an oldest and best preserved monument of residential and fortification architecture in the territory of Montenegro. The tower was built by Hasan-Bek Redzepagic in 1671. It is located at the very heart of the town Plav, its dimension is 7m and 8mx. Initially the tower had two storeys with solid stone walls with more than 1 meter thickness, observation tower and gun loophole. Later, the third wood floor was completed to the construction, which in Turkish "čardak" (attic). On each side wooden constructions standing out can be seen - the so-called bay-windows, where bread supply were kept, hamam and restroom were arranged, and where waste was damped.
One could get to the top of the tower by inner stairs or by external straight ladder, but the last one was used just at the daytime to ensure the tower was left inaccessible at night. The main purpose of the tower was the protection from the Banjani tribe living not far away.
For this reason, it was placed top hill, where surrounding area could be controlled. Redzepagic Tower was not the only one, there were some towers close by, but they have not reached our time. All towers were surrounded by one wall, and household buildings were inside.
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press +