Instruction for tourists about Montenegro.General information:
- The Republic of Montenegro is located in southeastern Europe on the Adriatic coast of the Balkan Peninsula
- The country is on the border with Croatia on the west, Bosnia and Herzegovina -on the northwest, Serbia - on the northeast, partially recognized Republic of Kosovo - on the east and Albania on the southeast.
- Independence Date: June 3, 2006
- President: Filip Vujanovic
- The Prime Minister: Milo Djukanovic
- Area: 13,812 km² (155th in the world)
- Time: GMT + 1, slow from Moscow on 1 hour (2 hours in winter).
- Population: 622,218 people. (167th in the world); population density: 45 people / km²
- Capital: Podgorica
- The historic and cultural center is Cetinje
- Biggest towns: Podgorica, Niksic, Pljevlja, Bijelo Polje, Herceg Novi, Berane, Cetinje, Budva, Tivat, Kotor, Bar
- Official language: Montenegrin, many residents speak Russian not bad
- Population: Montenegrins (the majority), Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, Albanians, Roma
- Religion: Orthodox Christianity (the majority - 74.24%), Islam, Catholicism, Atheism
- Currency: Euro (€), commonly used credit cards. Foreigners may import and export an unlimited amount of foreign currency, provided that they are declared it at the entrance
- Montenegro Phone code: 382
- The long-distance call from Montenegro: 00 + country code + area code
For tourists - Russian citizens, entering of the country is visa-free up to 1 month, Ukrainians and Belarusians -up to 3 months.Entry documents:
For children under 18 for traveling without their parents, the permission is necessary to leave Russia without parents, certified by a notary.Where to call in emergency:
Consulate General of Russia in Podgorica
81000, Podgorica, ul. Vaka Djurovica, 135
Tel. (+382 81) 272-460, 272-450
Fax (+382 81) 272-460
Other embassies and consulates can be found hereServices:
122 - police
123 - Fire Service
124 - Ambulance
1340 - Emergency roadside assistanceTelephony:
The country has three mobile operators (GSM):
1188 - Telenor
1500 - T-mobile
1600 - M-telWorking hours:
Banks and post offices: on weekdays from 8:00 am until 7:00pm, Saturday from 8:00am till 3:00pm.
Shops: Supermarkets and other shops are open daily from 6:00am to 8:00pm, in the tourist centers till 11:00 pm. Some shops are open on Sundays, there are some shops, working around the clock.Transport:1.International airports
: Podgorica and Tivat (on the coast). The flight from Moscow to Montenegro about three hours.
Airline: Montenegro Airlines and JAT AirwaysCheap tickets
are better to buy in advance, for 1-2 months.2. Railway station
: Subotica - Novi Sad - Belgrade - Podgorica - Bar. See the schedule of trains can here
Seaport: Bar, ferry Bar - Bari (Italy) goes daily
Montenegro, Barska Plovidva, Obala 13 Jula, 85000, Bar
Tel. : (+382 85) 312-366
(+382 85) 312-809
(+382 85) 311-465
Fax: (+382 85) 311-652
Ferry Schedule on www.montenegrolines.com site3. Public transport
Road network in Montenegro is developed fairly well, but sometimes occurs some roads with width for one car only. The roads are in good condition, but the mountainous terrain and steep serpentines sometimes complicate and slow down the vehicle driving.
- Long distance bus services due to dilapidation of transport and mountainous terrain of the country are often performed not on a schedule.
- Taxi service is very developed in Montenegro. In the season there is a "checkered" car almost in every corner.
- Car rent is a fairly common activity among the local population.
To rent a car
, you have to:
- Age at least 21 years
- The experience of driving at least 3 years
- A deposit of 150 - € 300
- Driver's license (international or Russian)The main resorts:
Herceg Novi Riviera - Herceg Novi, Kotor
Budva Riviera - Budva
, Becici, Rafailovici, Przno, Milocer, Sveti Stefan
, Petrovac, Sutomore, Bar
Ultsinj Riviera - Ulcinj
, Ada Bojana.
The most popular resort area of the country is Budva Riviera, which occupies the central part of the Montenegrin coast. This is one of the sunniest places on the Adriatic coast and in Europe.
The ski resorts: Kolasin
Climate is moderate continental. In the mountains - Alpine, on the Adriatic coast - Mediterranean. In the central regions of the country it is always somewhat cooler than on the coast, notable the impact of subalpine factors. In the coastal area the summer is usually long, hot and dry enough, winter is short and wet. The swimming season begins in late April and lasts until the end of October. The temperature of the sea for seven months fluctuates between + 20 ° C and +26 ° C. The best time to visit the coast - from May to October.The sea and the sun:
The total length of beaches is 73 km. From fine sand in the south to artificial concrete platforms in the north-west coast. Artificial beaches are mostly in Tivat, Herceg Novi, Budva and Bar. Almost all the beaches are secluded, closed against the wind and waves bay between steep cliffs. Rent of umbrellas and sun-loungers costs € 6-15 per day per set (2 sunbeds + umbrella).
A lot of nudists rest in Montenegro, and everybody treats this fact well. On Ada Bojana Island, after the "Great beach" there is a whole nudist village. It covers about 350 hectares and can accommodate up to 1000 people.Food & accommodation:
in Montenegro is delicious and healthy, and the portions are huge. Local alcoholic drinks (wine, rakija), though little known in international markets, are noteworthy, especially tart "Vranac", "Krstac" "Chardonnay" and "Sauvignon". The most high-quality strong drink - "Krunak" (grape vodka).
Cafes and restaurants sometimes include an extra charge for service in the bill. But nevertheless it is accepted to give a tip of amount about 10%, or just round the bill.What to see:
After a visit of Montenegro in the album of every tourist, there is the photo of the island of St. Stephen (a calling card of the country) and the monastery of Ostrog must necessarily appear. Do not miss the beautiful views of the Boka bay from the observation deck of Kotor. Visit the ancient city of Montenegro - the old town of Budva, the old town of Herceg Novi, the old town of Ulcinj, old town of Bar or the old former capital of Montenegro - Cetinje. The country is rich in ancient buildings, churches and monasteries - Ostrog, Cetinje Monastery, etc .. Be sure to visit Skadar Lake, the largest and the cleanest lake in the Balkans, with pelicans and rare fish karan. At the top of the mountain massif and the National Park Lovcen is the Mausoleum of Peter Njegos, a governor and an educator of Montenegro. In addition, in Montenegro, you can find a huge number of attractions and places for every type of holiday ...
Enjoy your vacation!