Diving in Budva
Excursion Type: Active vacation, Active vacation
Type of excursion: Active rest
From city: Budva, Tivat, Podgorica, Kotor, Petrovac, Bar, Herceg Novi, Cetinje, Milocher, Przno, Sutomore
Tour starts: 09:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00
Excursion period: 2 hours
Excursion language: EN, ME, RU
Price: Adult - 40.00 €, Child - 40.00 € per person
Diving in Montenegro is very popular both with locals and the numerous tourists coming from all over the world. It is worth noting that the underwater world of the flora and fauna of the Adriatic is not as beautiful and diverse as, for example, tropical seas and oceans, but it keeps a lot of interesting historical mysteries and sunken objects. At the bottom of the Adriatic Sea, in addition to a variety of fish and marine life (moray eels, octopus, lobster, tuna, etc.), you can explore all kinds of wrecks at various times warships and submarines, transport ships, interesting caves and tunnels, underwater reefs and much more.
Interesting fact: At one time the world-famous traveler Jacques Yves Cousteau said that he had never seen anywhere else in his life, purer and more transparent water than in the Adriatic Sea, off the coast of Montenegro and Croatia.
One of the most popular places for diving in Montenegro is the popular city of Budva. In the thickness of the water of the Budva Riviera you will not see bright inhabitants and variegated vegetation, but divers can study wrecks here, do cave diving or underwater hunting. The depth of the dive is an average from 10 to 45 meters, which also determines the duration of the underwater. Air is enough for about thirty minutes and this is enough for the first dive. The water temperature here ranges from + 19 ° С to + 26 ° С (in season) and about + 14 ° С in winter. Transparency of water reaches 50-60 meters in depth, which will allow you not only to study the underwater world in detail, but also make high-quality photographs.
During the scuba diving, you will necessarily be attended by a professional instructor who will tell in detail and show how to behave under water, what are the main gestures for communication for divers, and also what to do in unusual cases. Instruction should be conducted personally for each tourist on a boat before diving.
In Budva, depending on the season and the weather, for scuba diving we can offer you several popular underwater places and interesting sunken objects:
• Freight Italian ship Oreste, which sank in 1942 and rests at a depth of 32 meters. Recommended for divers, class not lower than AOWD.
• Sunken ship Patrolac. Depth - 25 m.
• Sunken in 1917, the Austro-Hungarian ship Tihany. The depth is 42 meters.
• Coral reef Galiola, which is located 50 meters from the island of St. Nicholas. The maximum depth is 27 meters. Here it is possible to meet crabs, lobsters, octopuses, morays and other marine reptiles.
• Mogren Caves. The depth is 12 meters. The pearl of these places is rightly considered one of the caves into which a freshwater river flows. In this regard, there is a surprisingly beautiful visual effect - a halocline, which forms on the border of the confluence of salt and fresh water.
• Rocky crests near the lighthouse Svetionik. Depth up to 40 meters. This place differs by excellent visibility in any weather and attracts many divers diversification of the underwater world. In these places you can often meet lobsters, which are going to spawn here.
• Anderground tunnels (Tuneli) are great for beginners who just want to dive and experience new sensations. The depth of up to 12 meters, a small cave and several rock corridors will allow you to practice diving and get a lot of positive emotions.
Among other things, in the Budva Riviera you can try such types of diving as: snorkeling - swimming on the water surface with a mask, rubber fins and snorkel, freediving, dive safari (underwater hunting), night diving and deli-diving. More information about each kind you can read on the page of our site "Diving in Montenegro" or on the Internet. Also we have various dive programs for children from 8 and from 10 years.
In Budva, you can go scuba diving during the entire summer season, from early May to late October, as well as in winter. The last one will apply to extreme diving. Good weather conditions are important for diving - the absence of gusty wind and precipitation, and there are some age limits - everyone from 8 years old is allowed to dive. Diving in Budva is in great demand among tourists thanks to crystal clear water, a long season, a variety of the underwater world, interesting finds on the seabed and picturesque surrounding nature.
The cost of scuba diving in Budva depends on the season, the place of diving, the time spent underwater and the type of scuba diving.
Prices for diving:
- one dive from the boat - 40 euros;
- day package with two dives - 60 euros;
- night dive – an extra payment of 10 euros;
- package "3 days 6 dives" - 135 euros;
- package "5 days 10 dives" - 210 euros.
The price includes: instructor, 12-liter air bottle, belt and weights, tea and coffee on the ship.
To keep your dive not only in memory, for an extra charge, we can arrange photos, videos and shoots on the action camera GoPro for you. You will get photos and videos on a CD or USB flash drive.
Resting in Montenegro, definitely try diving and you will discover the amazing underwater world of the Adriatic, and you will certainly get a charge of positive energy, new emotions and unforgettable impressions!
Included in cost:
Instructor, wetsuit, 12-liter air balloon, belt and weights, tea and coffee on the ship, transfer from Budva, Becici, Rafailovici.
The price does not include:
Transfer to the venue from other cities of Montenegro, rent of an action camera GoPro.
What to take along:
Camera or action camera for underwater shooting.
Place of beginning:
Quay on the central embankment in Budva.
From 40 EUR / person. (Diving time from 30 minutes).
IMPORTANT: The prices for this type of active recreation are indicated without the cost of a transfer to the town of Budva, to the place of beginning. The cost of each excursion, taking into account the transfer, is recounted individually, considering the route and location of your stay. Correspondingly, the price can get higher.
Found a mistake. Highlight the text and press+